Following the retirement of the Virgin Atlantic A340 fleet this past weekend, I’ve received another couple of nuggets of info from a source within VS:
- The fleet has most definitely retired for good – this is not a soft retirement
- The three A340’s that were in service are now at Gatwick undergoing end of lease maintenance
- Their next stop will be Tarbes in France to be broken up
- As of yesterday, 9th March all A340 simulator licence checks have been terminated
- All current Virgin Atlantic A340 flight crew will be put on to A350 conversion courses imminently.
Bit of a brief update, which hopefully will provide some interest.