My second visit to Vilnius. And this time, I saw it in daylight! Although using the term daylight is a bit of a push. Like most places in the far North of Europe during the winter months, the weather was more than a little grey and miserable.
Much like my previous visit in late 2017, I saw most of the old town. Although unlike last time, I ventured over the river too. It must be said there wasn’t too much to be seen over there. A couple of high rises, a shopping centre… and that was about it.
One thing to be said about the city was that it was extremely cheap. I managed to eat out in a restaurant and paid less than £10 for a main, dessert and drink! The train from the airport was around 50p and an Uber back to the airport was around £5.
Now I’m thinking that I should make my third visit during the spring or summer!
- Finnair Airbus A350, London Heathrow – Helsinki, Economy Plus
- Hilton, Helsinki Airport
- NoRRA ATR72, Helsinki – Vilnius, Economy
- Courtyard by Marriott, Vilnius
- Vilnius: In Pictures
- NoRRA ATR72, Vilnius – Helsinki, Economy
- Finnair Platinum Wing, Helsinki
- Finnair Airbus A330, Helsinki – London Heathrow, Economy Plus